Photographing Woodturnings with John Vaeth -June 29, 2021
Specific Details: Want to learn how to photograph your woodturnings? Whether applying for exhibitions, grants, promoting yourself via your website or social media, or just trying to keep a portfolio of your work, good photography is important. As a photographer for Kodak, John traveled throughout the U.S., teaching photographic seminars, working in the National Parks, and shooting sporting events for Kodak videos. He also worked as a studio photographer in Kodak’s Photographic Technology Division, shooting still lifes and portraits. In this demo John will cover:
- Equipment selection
- Basic (inexpensive) solutions and advanced dedicated setups
- Exploring the three lighting options: Daylight, speedlights, “hot” lights
- The key to good pictures: understanding lighting ratios, light direction, light quality
- Backgrounds – graduated, fabric, natural, etc.
- Photographing glossy, translucent, and textured surfaces
- Using props
- Understanding depth of field
- Post processing: applying the finishing touches with image processing software
Topic: Photographing Woodturnings with John Vaeth
Date: June 29, 2021 – 5 to 7 pm Mountain Daylight Time
We hope you can join us. Submit registration by adding this to your cart, and checking out and placing order. You will then receive an email with an information sheet that will provide all the details.
We look forward to seeing you!
Cannot make the live demo? No worries, as a registrant you will have access to the recording of the demo for 30 days.
67 in stock